Dirty water is the culprit behind the diseases that kill more people every year than all forms of violence put together, including war.
What’s more disheartening is that 43 percent of those deaths are children under the age of five.
One child dies every two minutes from drinking contaminated water—that’s nearly 900 children lost daily to something completely preventable— and one of the many reasons why One ATTA Time strives to increase global distribution of their life-changing water filter kits.
But they need your help.
Enter One ATTA time.
What is One ATTA Time?
One ATA Time is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that provides solutions to empower local leaders with education and water filters, who are then in charge of delivering these water filter kits throughout their communities.
It started with one child.
Following an eye-opening trip in August of 2013 to visit Bryan, his sponsored child in El Salvador, Sean Kappauf felt inspired to do more.
As he spent time with Bryan and his mother, he learned that it was common for children in Bryan’s community to have intestinal worms due to unsanitary drinking water.
After his visit, Sean returned home motivated to enact positive change.
In February of 2014, he brought back a team to El Salvador to train young local leaders on how to maintain and distribute 50 water filtration devices to homes in need.
The trip was successful: The children’s health improved and entire communities thrived.
Sean then decided that his leadership training and providing water filters to areas in need could have a lasting impact worldwide, sparking the birth of One ATTA Time in 2014.
The California-based non-profit now travels the globe, distributing water filter kits to families residing in places like Mexico, Costa Rica, and Kenya.”
We work in Mexico, Colombia, El Salvador, Vietnam, Uganda, and do disaster relief work in the United States.
1. Clean Water for Small Villages at Pennies a Day
One ATTA Time outfits communities with made-in-the-USA, EPA-tested and approved Sawyer water filters, which provide the fastest, easiest, and most cost-efficient way to produce pure potable water at the highest filtration rates.
Just one filtration system supplies small villages with clean water for only a few cents a day.
ATTA kits include everything needed to transform any sanitary, plastic bucket or container into a filtration system. You don’t have to dig wells, use sand filters, or rely on purification chemicals.
No need for batteries or plugging into an outlet; gravity is the only external force required.
Long-lasting and self-sustainable, easy maintenance also extends the life expectancy of filters. Kits come with a syringe that flushes and unclogs the system when needed.
2. Natural Disaster Relief That’s Better for the Environment
One ATTA Time’s efforts empower global communities lacking clean water sources but also reduces the need to ship bottled water to areas affected by natural catastrophes.
One ATTA Time’s latest partnership provides the residents of Paradise, California with safe, decontaminated water sources following the aftermath of the state’s deadliest wildfire.
The non-profit has also provided access to clean water in response to:
- Hurricane Harvey in Texas
- Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico
- Flooded, rural parts of Kauai, Hawaii’s North Shore
In addition to providing a continuous supply of purified water for drinking, the bucket system also generates water for:
- Watering plants
- Plus many other everyday tasks.
Impact and Future Plans
It might be difficult to believe, but one of the most preventable and easily treatable diseases, diarrhea, is also one of the leading causes of death nationwide.
One ATTA Time has ongoing projects in seven locations to decrease this threat and hopes to meet the following goals for 2023:
- El Salvador: provide 500 filters to rural and coastal communities affected by the 90 percent of contaminated surface water bodies that cover the country, which helps fight.
- Uganda: provide 1,000 filters to locals in South Uganda to reduce sickness related to the 75 percent of diseases linked to unclean waters and unsanitary living conditions.
- Colombia: provide 1,500 filters to areas in the northern and southeast parts of the country; nearly one in four people do not have clean water to drink in these rural areas.
- Vietnam: provide 2,000 filters to more people living in rural communities, who face one of the highest rates of child malnutrition in East Asia.
How to Donate
To learn how to use Giving Assistant to easily donate a portion or all of your cash back to One ATTA Time, visit their fundraising page.
- First, sign up for a Giving Assistant account.
- Select One ATTA Time on your Giving Assistant account settings menu
- Choose how much of your balance from cash-back rewards you’d like to donate
- Then next time you shop using Giving Assistant and earn cash back you’ll automatically donate your set percentage to One ATTA Time.
- If you need more help then you can see how to use Giving Assistant to shop online and donate to a nonprofit here – how Giving Assistant works here.
Giving Assistant members interested in donating to One ATTA Time can choose just a portion (or all!) of their cash back earnings to go to One ATTA Time.
If you need more help, you can see how to use Giving Assistant to shop online and donate to a nonprofit here – how Giving Assistant works here.
If you haven’t already, download the Giving Assistant button cash back extension for your desktop browser.
This will help you to start easily support the One ATTA Time nonprofit AND save money on your everyday online purchases at thousands of online retailers.
Not a member yet? Sign up here to start supporting One ATTA Time as you shop online.
If you’d like to learn more about One ATTA Time and see how donations like yours have helped them donate more water filters this past year, visit One ATTA Time.