Though the holiday season is meant to show your family and friends how much you care about them, sometimes it’s nice to be a little competitive.
That’s why everyone loves a Dirty Santa gift swap. For a few moments during the holiday party, your main focus is to go home with the best gift you can and avoid the duds.
However, as the saying goes, what goes around comes around. So before you pu yourself in the running for the top gift, make sure you bring one that someone else will want to leave with as well.
Here are some great Dirty Santa gift ideas along with rules so you can host your own game!
The Best Dirty Santa Gift Ideas for 2023
Whether it’s to watch the game or feel like you’re a part of an action movie, everyone wants their entertainment system to bring the noise. This 32” iLive HD Soundbar with Bluetooth comes equipped with built-in stereo speakers that bring music, games, movies, and shows to life.
Find Walmart coupons when you shop with Giving Assistant.
The Magic Chef Snack-Sized Compact Digital Air Fryer is one of the hottest gifts this holiday season. This is a perfect gift for anyone who loves fried food but wants a healthier way to do it. This air fryer makes delicious-tasting food without adding oil. The snack-sized option is perfect for making smaller portions and snacks, and it is also perfect for small kitchens and spaces.
Save with the latest The Home Depot promo codes for other great gifts when you shop with Giving Assistant.
You know your friends and family better than anyone. After scrolling through thousands of unique designs, you’ll certainly find the perfect Mounted Print that the majority of the group would love to have hanging around.
These wooden prints come in three different sizes and are designed to hide the hardware to give the appearance of floating art.
Shop REDBUBBLE this holiday season to get great deals with Giving Assistant.
We are willing to bet that someone bringing a tablet to the party will be in the running for the best gift at a Dirty Santa gift swap this year! Whether they use a tablet to read books, play games, watch movies, use email, or browse the web, this Amazon Fire 7 tablet will be a highly sought-after gift!
Its 7” IPS screen delivers clear visuals and crisp resolution along with both front and rear-facing cameras for high-quality pictures and videos.
Get the latest Best Buy coupons when you shop with Giving Assistant.
There will be plenty of pain-in-the-neck gifts at the party this year, so give someone a break with what you bring to Dirty Santa. And the HoMedics Dual Node Percussion Massager is the way to go.
With adjustable heating settings and variable speed control, this massager will be a great way to relieve some tension in the group.
Shop at Kohl’s with Giving Assistant for great savings.
Now that we’re all adults, we can start storing our alcohol in something other than the twist-off plastic bottles it came in. This beautiful Globe Etched Whiskey Decanter is an amazing way for someone to class up their bar, office, or lounge area.
This 28-ounce decanter is so stylish and unique, there definitely won’t be anything else like it at your Dirty Santa party. You may just want to write “fragile” on the wrapping paper.
Many people love a delicious caffeinated treat every day but hate to wait in line to spend an excessive amount of money. This sleek De’Longhi Stilosa Espresso Machine solves that problem.
This awesome Espresso machine can brew an espresso, latte, or cappuccino with ease, giving whichever lucky person the ability to bring their favorite cafe to their home.
Find additional coupons when shopping at Bed Bath & Beyond.
How to Play Dirty Santa
We’ve all put on a smile for a gift that wasn’t exactly for us. Luckily for brilliant gift exchange games like Dirty Santa, you no longer have to fake it.
If you don’t like the gift you open, just swap it for one you do like. But remember, you may not be holding onto your new gift for very long.
In case you’re still a little confused, here’s what you need to know.
Dirty Santa Gift Event Rules
- All participants bring a completely wrapped gift.
- Gifts are aligned in a group so that each of them is visible.
- A picking order is determined (usually based on numbers out of a hat or something similar).
- First person selects a gift and opens it in front of everyone. Then their turn is over.
- The following person either chooses a gift from the pile to open, or they can steal the gift already opened (and so on)
- If someone chooses to steal a gift rather than open a wrapped one, then that person is able to open a wrapped gift.
- This continues for each participant until all of the gifts in the pile have been opened.
- The game is over once all the gifts in the pile have been opened leaving each participant with what they have in their hand.
- The game is best with 6 or more adults.
- There isn’t a maximum for participants, but it can be difficult to keep organized if you exceed 25 people.
- Each participant needs to provide a wrapped gift.
- Party host determines budget restrictions.
- Prize for the “most traded for gift”
- Partner Up (For larger parties) – Participants purchase a larger gift as a pair or couple and play as a team.
- Limit number of steals per turn if you’re in a time crunch
Other Christmas Party Gift Ideas You Might Find Interesting:
- Secret Santa Gift Ideas
- Funny Christmas Gift Ideas
- Yankee Swap Gift Ideas
- White Elephant Gift Ideas
- Christmas Gift Exchange Ideas
Dirty Santa, despite its name, is actually a great game to play with family and friends. It’s a way to get everyone together for a fun twist on gift-giving without having to buy a ridiculous number of presents.
Regardless of the gift you end up with, it’s about spending time with the people you care about most.