There’s nothing like a creamy, salty, freshly whipped bowl of guacamole. Add some warm tortilla chips to this classic appetizer, and you have a dish sure to please any hungry guest.
While guacamole is a treat you know will be a hit time and time again, the standard recipe isn’t exactly original.
With the three totally unique guacamole recipes we have for you below, you will be sure to wow your guests with the sweet surprises of these unexpected flavors: bacon, pineapple, and sun-dried tomato!
Bust out the pita bread, tortilla chips, and tacos! It’s fiesta time.
Recommended Unique Guacamole Recipes
1. Guacamole with Cotija Topped with Bacon Bits Recipe
This is a famous bacon guac recipe that calls for 4 strips of bacon. To cut down on the fat content, you can use 2 minced strips and still keep the flavor.
- Mash three avocados
- Add ½ tbsp fresh cilantro
- Add ½ cup cotija cheese
- Add 1 tablespoon of finely-chopped serrano chile pepper
- Add juice from 1 lime
- Mix all ingredients and add coarse salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- Top with 4 strips of crispy bacon bits
- Serve it with soft flour tortillas, chips or pita bread.
2. Pineapple Cilantro Guacamole Recipe
This tropical version of guac dip adds a tasty touch to your summer picnic buffet.
- Mash 2 avocados
- Add ½ juiced lime
- Add 8 oz. can crushed pineapple
- Add ¼ cup minced cilantro
- Mix all ingredients and sprinkle on a dash or two of sea salt
- Serve it as a spread on a bagel, dipping tortilla chips into it, or adding it to a veggie pita sandwich.
3. Sun-Dried Tomato Guacamole Recipe
This creative guacamole recipe also known as “California guacamole,” has a hint of Italian flavor.
- Mash 4 avocados
- Add 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Add 2 tablespoons shredded fresh basil leaves
- Add ⅓ cup parmesan cheese
- Add ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil (but drain and chop them before you mix them into your guacamole dip)
- Sprinkle in toasted pine nuts
- Add 1 ½ tablespoons dried basil in place of the fresh leaves
- Mix all ingredients and add on a pinch or two of sea salt.
- Serve it with Italian bread, chips, or pita bread.