Sure, college might be the best years of your life – but they’re also in the running for most expensive. What with skyrocketing tuition rates and the fact that you don’t get paid to study, chances are you’re a little strapped for cash. Lucky for you, we’ve compiled a list of student-approved stores where you can earn cash back through Giving Assistant – leaving more money to pay for your degree and all of your crazy adventures.
Take care of all your textbook needs at Barnes & Noble. Whether you’re buying a thousand-page medical textbook, a copy of Ulysses, or a French-English dictionary, you’ll find what you’re looking for at this popular bookstore which caters to the same crowd of lit-lovers as Books-A-Million and Alibris. A few extra tips:
- If you’ll only need a textbook for a limited amount of time – say, a quarter or a semester – consider renting rather than buying. You’ll save a ton.
- For $25 a year, you can become a Barnes & Noble member and receive additional deals and free shipping on all orders.
- Browse the Bargains section of the Barnes & Noble website to find the best prices.
Best Buy: 1.25% Cash Back
Best Buy, similar to Office Depot and Staples, takes care of all of your tech needs. Laptop? Check. Printer? Check. Flat-screen TV? Check. Okay, flat-screen TVs might not be a need – but you can still save big time on one at Best Buy when you purchase through Giving Assistant, and by using these tips:
- Like Amazon, Best Buy offers special College Student Deals which you can gain access to by signing up for a free account with your .edu email address.
- Best Buy will match the prices offered by local competitors and top online retailers – check out the full list of approved stores, as well as more details on the program, here.
- Browse Best Buy’s Open Box deals to find discounted items that have been opened or lightly used.
You’re going to need a lot of caffeine to pull off the all-nighters and lengthy study sessions usually involved with being a student. Our suggestion? Skip the daily $3 latte and invest in the equipment you’ll need to brew your own delicious drinks at home – it’ll work out much cheaper in the long run. Find all the blends, K-Cups, coffee makers you could possibly need at the online Starbucks Store, and save more using Giving Assistant and these tips:
- Browse the Sale section to find the best prices.
- Subscribe to save on your online purchases and earn stars that you can use towards in-store purchases.
Thinking about grad school? You’re going to need to prepare – likely with the help of a test prep company like Princeton Review. Study for the GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT, and any other abbreviated examination you might need to take to progress to the next stage of your education. A few words of wisdom:
- Try a free session of online tutoring with a professional here.
- Take advantages of free in-person practice test sessions offered by Princeton Review.
Staying fit ain’t cheap. $40-a-month gym memberships, $100 running shoes, $30 sports bras, and $20 bottles of whey protein – and that’s only the tip of the iceberg – can add up fast. Luckily for you, we’ve curated a list of stores where you can earn generous cash back on fitness-related purchases. By buying through Giving Assistant at these selected retailers, you can save money and get back to focusing on what’s really important: achieving the best possible workout.
Stock up on muscle milk and calcium tablets at A1 Supplements, a leading wholesale retailer of vitamins and supplements for fitness-focused folks. Find coupons and earn 10% cash back on already-discounted products when you shop through Giving Assistant, and take advantage of these extra tips as well:
- A1 Supplements offers bulk discounts on large orders.
- Sign up for the A1 Supplements mailing list to receive extra offers and deals.
Even if you’ve never been to a location yourself, you’ve definitely heard of 24 Hour Fitness – after all, it’s the most popular fitness center chain in the world. Take your pick from a range of workout options: hop on a treadmill, take a kickboxing class, or even work with a personal trainer. Membership fees vary based on the level of access, but, with coupons and cash back from Giving Assistant, you can save regardless of which plan you opt for. A few extra tips:
- Sign up for an annual plan to save on monthly fees.
- Work out with your loved ones and save while doing it by signing up for a Family Membership.
- If you normally work out at the same location, opt for a One-Club Membership rather than a more expensive All-Club Membership.
Similar to Nike and Adidas, New Balance manufactures footwear that is perfect for working out. Soccer cleats, tennis shoes, and even casual sneakers – you can find them all at New Balance, complete with stellar arch support and unmatched comfort. Save money on your purchases by using Giving Assistant coupons and following these tips:
- Shop the “Recently Reduced” section of the New Balance website to find the best prices.
- Shop during the New Balance Semi-Annual Sales – one in June, one in December – to score the best deals.
You’ll find all the sports equipment you could possibly need – ranging from hiking boots to baseball bats to scuba masks – at Paragon Sports, an athletic and outdoors outfitter that caters to the same demographic as Sports Authority and REI. Although their only location is Manhattan, you can purchase their products anywhere, anytime, online, all while saving money with Giving Assistant and these tips:
- Paragon Sports offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee – if you’re not happy with your purchase, just return it within 30 days for a full refund.
- Sign up for the Paragon email list for exclusive access to the best deals.
- If you do live in the New York area, you can schedule a free store appointment with a Paragon Guide who will help you choose the best possible products for your next adventure!
For a limited time only, sign up for a Giving Assistant account and we’ll send you a $10 Amazon gift card!
**UPDATE: This promotion is now complete, thanks to all our new members who signed up and enjoy your Amazon Gift Card!
It’s simple. All you have to do is…
- Register for a free account between July 1 and July 31.
- Make a qualifying purchase at any of the 1,053 top retailers for whom we offer cash back within your first 30 days of signing up.
- You’ll receive an Amazon gift card via email within 7 days after your first cash back earnings have posted to your account dashboard.
Here are a few store ideas to get you started:
What are you waiting for? Register for an account now.
Welp, we did it. The Giving Assistant Team is hugely proud to announce that we completed the last major piece of our core product. You can now get paid cash back when you shop from hundreds (soon thousands) of stores online.
What Is Cash Back?
If you’ve never heard of cash back, not to worry, you’re not alone.
Online stores, like Amazon, Best Buy, Sephora, Gap, Home Depot, and literally thousands more, pay websites like Giving Assistant to drive shoppers who are intent on making purchases to their websites. When a shopper referred by Giving Assistant completes a purchase, those stores pay Giving Assistant a commission up to 25% of the purchase price. Typically, it averages out to about 6% cash back from all of our stores. In turn, we give 100% of that cash straight back to you! That, our dear supporters, is called cash back.
The greatest feature, in our humble opinion, is that in most cases you get paid cash back within 24 to 72 hours of completing your purchase. Most every other website offering cash back pays their users 30 days after the close of each quarter. That means it can take 90 to 120 days before you get your well deserved cash. Even better, is that when you elect to get paid via debit card, as soon as the payment has processed, it will be made directly to your debit card. There’s no waiting time and no extra steps. Our whole intent on immediate payments is that we want to make you, our customer, happy. Let us know how we’re doing.
Cash Back Helps Donate More To Charity.
Yes, really. Our small team here at Giving Assistant is intent on helping you save more money so you can give a little of that savings back to your favorite charity.
With cash back, you can donate 0% to 100% of the cash back you’re getting from your purchases directly to your favorite charity. Just select the percentage you want to give and choose a charity when you sign up. You can adjust your donation percentage anytime from your profile settings.
We’re working on growing our database of the most popular nonprofits in the US and Canada. If you don’t see your favorite charity, school, or religious organization represented on our platform, just email us. We want you to be able support what matters most to you!
We like to think of this as a win-win. You get to spend less money with coupons and cash back, and you’re able to donate more to charity with every purchase you make.
Go Ahead, Please Give Us a Whirl!
If you haven’t already signed up, we’d be honored to have you join our community of responsible shoppers. It costs you nothing extra and signing up takes less than a minute. Sign up here.
P.S. This is our team celebrating our newest member, YOU 😉