Arctic temperatures sweeping the nation, a flurry of festive events on the calendar—winter is upon us. As you prepare to go from battling the elements to getting all dressed up for your next holiday soiree, check out our guide on the top cold weather necessities you need in your closet.
Hot Heels for New Year’s Eve
To pull together a hot New Year’s Eve look and ring in 2015 in style, make sure you have a great pair of party pumps in your closet. Whether you go for look-at-me color or understated elegance, the perfect shoes can make or break an outfit. And with all the other events on your calendar this season, having go-to pumps makes getting ready that much faster. Looking for inspiration? Why not…
- Suede. Add drama to any outfit. A bright suede pump adds instant-style, while a more neutral tone brings sleek drama.
- Slender spikes. Look dressed to kill with some sky-high spikes. Pump up the volume with added bling like gemstones or fringe at the ankle.
- Cute wedges. Look fancy with a comfortable look that will last all night.
- Chic classics. A classic pair of nude pumps can pull together a whole range of outfits.
Workout Shoes to Hit Your Resolutions
Ah, New Year’s resolutions. After an action-packed (and let’s face it–sometimes indulgent) holiday season, it can feel good to focus on your own health and wellness. Whether your goal is to run a race, hit crossfit twice a week, or become a yoga master, having everything you need at your fingertips is essential to sticking to your goals. Here are a few ideas…
- Running shoes. Lace up a pair of shoes and get ready to hit the road.
- Training shoes. If your goal is to commit to boot camp, look for a shoe that’s custom-built for cross-training.
- Hiking boots. Looking to get into nature more? Make sure you have a comfortable pair of boots before you hit the trail.
- Yoga shoes. If you’re aiming for more zen time, stock up on yoga essentials. Om…
Boots for Winter Style
A cute pair of boots is a great way to pull together a winter outfit. From casual to fancy, this look adds style–while keeping you warm in the process. Make sure you have a few of these ready…
- Spike heeled. For a fancy, sexy look, go for a knee-high boots with a skinny heel.
- Riding boots. This classic style looks great with dresses or skinny jeans.
- Booties. For an “in” look, pair these with skinny jeans that are just barely cuffed at the bottom or a cute skirt.
- Cowboy boots. Add personality with a pair of boots that has buckles, straps or other fun kicks.
Footwear for the Weather
Don’t battle the elements unprepared. The right footwear can help keep you warm and dry, even if the weather outside is frightful. Make sure you’re covered with essentials like this…
- Snow boots. Keep your feet warm and cozy–and keep your cool among hazards like icy sidewalks.
- Rain boots. When rain showers cloud the sky, stay dry with a cute, bright pair of rain boots and dance through puddles.
- Flip flops. Not everyone is battling the elements all winter. Whether you live in a warm climate or are headed to a tropical location, make sure to have a cute pair of flip flops at the ready!
Stocking up on winter style doesn’t have to mean breaking the bank. You can get a bargain by using coupon codes from Giving Assistant to get a discount on your whole purchase. With extra savings from coupon codes, why not pick up an extra pair? Be stylish and budget savvy.