We got a tasty, and easy to make in 10-minutes Quinoa, Kale and poached egg recipe.
- 1 to 2 large eggs (optional: organic eggs)
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup baby kale (optional: organic greens)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (optional: garlic-infused olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon ground lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vinegar (optional: apple cider instead of white)
- 1 teaspoon ground coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Sauté the kale and cooked quinoa in olive oil
For extra flavor, try garlic-infused oil.
2. Cover the greens after cooking
3. Turn off heat and let the kale/quinoa mixture stand until it wilts
4. Scoop the cooked greens onto an attractive plate
5. Boil water in a small saucepan for the poached eggs
6. Turn boiling water heat to low, stir in vinegar and add cracked eggs
When adding the vinegar, stir the substance rapidly in a circular motion. This will create a whirlpool funnel.
Quickly drop the cracked egg into it. Slide eggs into the center of the whirlpool.
7. Let the egg simmer for 3-4 minutes
Keep the egg in the water until the whites appear cooked. This poaching process will usually leave the yoke a little runny.
However, if you prefer a firmer yoke, you could let it cook a minute or two longer. Be careful not to overcook it, which could leave it rubbery.
8. Use a slotted spoon to remove the cooked eggs from the water
9. Place the eggs on top of the kale/quinoa greens you prepared just minutes ago
10. Grind some lemon peel and sprinkle the zest over the top of the dish
11. Spread a few pinches of ground sea salt and crushed black pepper over it
You want just enough salt and pepper to flavor the dish, but not overpower it.
Estimated Preparation Time
This Quinoa, Kale and Poached Egg Recipe takes only 10 minutes to prepare.
The Quinoa, Kale and poached egg recipe dish is an excellent standalone item which is an ideal choice for busy parents who have hungry mouths to feed.
It is easy to double or triple the batch when you need to cook dinner for your whole family.
However, it offers a versatile enough flavor for a buffet-style menu.
You can modify the dish and add the finished product to lettuce or spinach salads that call for cooked eggs.
Also, consider using the leftovers for a nutritious, fast breakfast dish.
Where to Buy Quinoa
You can find all the ingredients you’ll need for our “10-Minute Quinoa, Kale, & Poached Egg Recipe” at your local grocery store or online at major grocery store brands.
We recommend you the best ingredients like buying organic eggs (if you can).
Our other tip would be to try using Giving Assistant to help save money on your grocery bill by, for example, finding a coupon for Target or other grocery stores.
You can potentially earn cash back when you sign up for a Giving Assistant account which you could also donate some to a nonprofit of your choice.
More Recipe Ideas
When you are stuck for ideas for a tasty, fast to make quinoa dish that is vegetarian friendly we hope this quinoa, kale and poached egg recipe hits the spot for you.
We think this dish will mainly be cooked for lunch meals, however, it can be used for breakfast or even a dinner for one person.
Have you seen our rustic garlic mashed potatoes recipe yet? If not check that out next.