During my 7 years of working in marketing for nonprofits, I learned first hand how much strain fundraising can cause. Your whole day is spent pursuing funds from donors and expanding your donor list through various channels. It pays off when you earn support for your mission, but nevertheless, it’s labor intensive.
Additionally, it’s challenging to keep donors engaged and continuously involved in your mission. What I’ve found, is that the best way to engage supporters is through providing them with something that can add value to both your mission and their everyday life.
That is why my co-founders and I built a fundraising tool that could not only benefit nonprofit and charity organizations, but could also benefit their supporters. It’s simple, automatic, and allows your donors to give back to your charity without changing the way they already shop online.
The average American spends over $2,000 annually online, and Giving Assistant shoppers can donate an average of 5.2% of their purchases. That means that with over 100 active online shoppers, an organization can effortlessly raise more than $10,400 annually by partnering with Giving Assistant. And you can count on these donations year after year, because once someone signs up, they almost never stop using it to help the charity they care about.
How it works:
- Retailers pay us a commission for purchases originated from our website or browser extension. Typically a percentage of the sale.
- We pay our members the commission in the form of cash back.
- Members choose to automatically donate any % of their cash back to the charity of their choice.
It’s that simple! And since we work with over 2,800+ of the most popular online retailers, you and your supporters can buy pretty much anything your heart desires while earning money for your cause.
For a 501(c)3 organization, Giving Assistant is a breeze to use and there is virtually no setup involved!
Just follow these quick steps:
1. Go to https://givingassistant.org/nonprofits and search for your nonprofit. (Note: If you cannot find your nonprofit’s name, don’t worry! Simply type in your organization name and then click “Add Your Nonprofit”)
2. Click “Activate Your Account” or, if your organization already has donations, the button will say “Unlock Your $XX in Donations.”
3. Enter a valid email address affiliated with your nonprofit (for example, if you are trying to claim the nonprofit called “Giving Assistant Inc.” you’d use your “@givingassistant.org” email address).
4. We’ll send you a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Open this email, and voila! You now have access to your nonprofit dashboard.
5. Complete your Giving Assistant profile (so we can send you checks for your donations).
Once you’re all set up, notify your community and supporters about Giving Assistant and watch your donations grow! Here are a few ways to spread the word:
1. Add the Giving Assistant badge (and/or logo) to your website via the “Best Practices” section in the dashboard.
2. Share your personal fundraising link with your supports via email, newsletters, Twitter, Facebook and any other social media platforms you use.
- Tip: Since people shop all the time, make it easy for them to donate to your organization by post your fundraising link often, not just around the holidays!
3. Try it yourself – Use Giving Assistant when you are making purchases on behalf of your organization and put your cashback right back into your cause. For example, do you need office supplies? Use Giving Assistant when you shop at Staples, Office Depot or any of our other 2,500+ stores!
Several non-profits have already achieved tremendous success by using our free platform. I and the rest of the team at Giving Assistant would love to see you earn more money for your mission and free up time in your busy schedule to get out there and change the world.
So get started with Giving Assistant today!
Thank you for all that you do,
Ryan Quiel, Director of Growth & Product
P.S. Have questions, or want more information about using Giving Assistant to passively fundraise? Feel free to reach out to Isabel, Head of Charity Advocacy, at email@example.com —she’ll be more than happy to help!