The ultimate mission for Giving Assistant has always been to do good, give back, and be better.
Not just for the sake of looking good…
…but to genuinely make a positive impact in the world.
Yet, writing an earnest mission and slapping it on our website wasn’t enough, we knew that our growing company eventually needed to be held accountable for what means the most to our team. This is why we are proud to finally announce that Giving Assistant is officially certified in the field of doing good!
Certified B Corporations, called B Corps for short, are companies that go through a rigorous certification that measures their impact on the environment, their employees, their customers, and their community. Little over 2,000 companies in the world today have successfully become B Corps, which makes the label one of the most prestigious ones out there. (Go us!)
But it wasn’t an overnight process. In fact, you could say that the journey began when we decided to launch a social enterprise; we had to spend years building a company that was even B Corp worthy. Take a look at the goals of B Corps, the process of becoming certified, and how Giving Assistant meets the requirements with excellence.
The Giving Assistant team and the trash collected after cleaning up Ocean Beach.
What B Corps Are All About
In one sentence, the B Corp title is “like Fair Trade certification but for the whole business, not just a bag of coffee.” This perfectly describes the community of B Corps across the globe–companies that treat the people and the world around them fairly, while at the same time remaining a profitable business. A few of B Corporations’ values are:
- Businesses should compete not only to be the best in the world, but to be the best for the world.
- All business ought to be conducted as if people and places matter.
- World business leaders must realize that everyone is dependent on each other for the well-being of our global community and natural resources.
- A company’s products can and should benefit society in their production, practices, and profit.
Our Head of Charity Advocacy, Isabel, serving lunch at St. Anthony’s Dining Room during one of our company volunteer days
How to Become a B Corp
As you can see from these goals, not just any business can become a B Corp. It takes a thorough vetting process to filter through unqualified organizations and find the ones that are truly making a difference. As their requirements state, the process is “rigorous but straightforward.”
The first part of the process is called the B Impact Assessment. This assessment measures a company’s positive impact and sustainability. Once this initial test is complete, businesses receive a detailed score report that shows their strengths and weaknesses. If their score is high enough, B Lab verifies their answers to make sure that they are accurate. And, if all goes well, a company is eligible to become a B Corp.
Even after getting certified, a company must demonstrate that they are still worthy of the title. Every two years, all companies must get re-approved through a concise version of the initial assessment. Additionally, 10% of companies are randomly selected for an extra check up each year. All of this goes to prove that being a B Corp is not only an honor, but also a responsibility.
In May of 2017, Giving Assistant passed the B Impact Assessment on the second try and went through all of the required steps to become a B Corp! The process was long and filled with both successes and failures. It took over a year for us, and we had to formalize many of our unwritten policies. But in the end, here’s how our scores stacked up against other companies that took the test.
- We scored 24 in the area of employee treatment, where the average applicant scores 18.
- Our governance earned us a score of 16, 10 points higher than the average.
- In the community category, our score of 22 beat the average score of 17.
Why Giving Assistant is a Perfect Fit
Not only did Giving Assistant become a B Corp, but we handily outdid many other companies in a variety of fields. If you think about it, it makes perfect sense that we did well on the exam. Recall that B Corps split up their impact into four categories:
1) Employee Impact
- We offer health benefits and stock options to 100% of our employees.
- We hold quarterly Fun Days and corporate volunteer activities.
- Every employee has the ability to work-from-home on Fridays.
The team enjoying some beers at a Giants game
2) Customer Impact
- Our services are an easy way for customers to save money.
- We offer benefits for shopping on a wide variety of stores, which lets every consumer get involved.
- We help people get more involved in their global community by making a positive impact when they shop.
3) Community Impact
Zinc and Zidisha posing with their cash back donations earned through Giving Assistant
- Through Giving Assistant, our users had the ability to donate over $250,000 to Zidisha, which has allowed them to fund over 9,000 microloans in developing countries.
- Our users have donated over $17,000 of funds to Camp Kesem, an organization that provides a summer camp for kids whose parents have cancer.
- Giving Assistant shoppers gave more than $15,000 to Pencils for Promise, allowing underdeveloped communities to build proper schools for their children.
4) Environmental Impact
- Our offices are located in a Platinum LEED certified skyscraper.
- We recently switched from paper checks to e-checks, drastically reducing our carbon footprint.
- Much of our donations go toward responsible nonprofits that are good stewards of the environment and natural resources.
Considering all that goes into becoming a B Corp, the Giving Assistant team is incredibly proud of our progress. It is an honor to be considered part of this elite group, and we work every day to keep up our positive impact and reach even more communities around the world. Thank you for being part of our success!
It’s no secret that it takes a lot of time to secure donations, especially recurring donations.
During my 7 years of working in marketing for nonprofits, I learned first hand how much strain fundraising can cause. Your whole day is spent pursuing funds from donors and expanding your donor list through various channels. It pays off when you earn support for your mission, but nevertheless, it’s labor intensive.
Additionally, it’s challenging to keep donors engaged and continuously involved in your mission. What I’ve found, is that the best way to engage supporters is through providing them with something that can add value to both your mission and their everyday life.
That is why my co-founders and I built a fundraising tool that could not only benefit nonprofit and charity organizations, but could also benefit their supporters. It’s simple, automatic, and allows your donors to give back to your charity without changing the way they already shop online.
The average American spends over $2,000 annually online, and Giving Assistant shoppers can donate an average of 5.2% of their purchases. That means that with over 100 active online shoppers, an organization can effortlessly raise more than $10,400 annually by partnering with Giving Assistant. And you can count on these donations year after year, because once someone signs up, they almost never stop using it to help the charity they care about.
How it works:
- Retailers pay us a commission for purchases originated from our website or browser extension. Typically a percentage of the sale.
- We pay our members the commission in the form of cash back.
- Members choose to automatically donate any % of their cash back to the charity of their choice.
It’s that simple! And since we work with over 2,800+ of the most popular online retailers, you and your supporters can buy pretty much anything your heart desires while earning money for your cause.
For a 501(c)3 organization, Giving Assistant is a breeze to use and there is virtually no setup involved!
Just follow these quick steps:
1. Go to https://givingassistant.org/nonprofits and search for your nonprofit. (Note: If you cannot find your nonprofit’s name, don’t worry! Simply type in your organization name and then click “Add Your Nonprofit”)
2. Click “Activate Your Account” or, if your organization already has donations, the button will say “Unlock Your $XX in Donations.”
3. Enter a valid email address affiliated with your nonprofit (for example, if you are trying to claim the nonprofit called “Giving Assistant Inc.” you’d use your “@givingassistant.org” email address).
4. We’ll send you a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Open this email, and voila! You now have access to your nonprofit dashboard.
5. Complete your Giving Assistant profile (so we can send you checks for your donations).
Once you’re all set up, notify your community and supporters about Giving Assistant and watch your donations grow! Here are a few ways to spread the word:
1. Add the Giving Assistant badge (and/or logo) to your website via the “Best Practices” section in the dashboard.
2. Share your personal fundraising link with your supports via email, newsletters, Twitter, Facebook and any other social media platforms you use.
- Tip: Since people shop all the time, make it easy for them to donate to your organization by post your fundraising link often, not just around the holidays!
3. Try it yourself – Use Giving Assistant when you are making purchases on behalf of your organization and put your cashback right back into your cause. For example, do you need office supplies? Use Giving Assistant when you shop at Staples, Office Depot or any of our other 2,500+ stores!
Several non-profits have already achieved tremendous success by using our free platform. I and the rest of the team at Giving Assistant would love to see you earn more money for your mission and free up time in your busy schedule to get out there and change the world.
So get started with Giving Assistant today!
Thank you for all that you do,
Ryan Quiel, Director of Growth & Product
P.S. Have questions, or want more information about using Giving Assistant to passively fundraise? Feel free to reach out to Claire (email@example.com) or Isabel (firstname.lastname@example.org) on our charity advocate team who are more than happy to help!
In December of 2016, something incredible happened in West Africa. Something Tostan founder Molly Melching could’ve only dreamed of when she arrived in Senegal over 40 years ago as a young exchange student from Danville, Illinois.
Over 300 communities in four different countries came together to publicly declare a commitment to human rights.
They announced their abandonment of harmful traditions, including the long-standing practice of female genital cutting (FGC) as well as child/forced marriage. This brings the total number of communities who have made similar public declarations to over 8,000; evidence of a movement that has been quietly building in the region over the past two decades, due to community resilience and the efforts of Tostan.
Children hold up chalkboard signs declaring their community’s abandonment of FGC. Source: Tostan
Tostan is a non-profit named for the Wolof word for ‘breakthrough,’
And its unique model focuses on agency, not aid. Operating in six countries, Tostan offers an educational program which has proven that the greatest resources available to struggling communities are the people themselves and their own creative solutions.
In the Tostan program, participants first identify their vision and goals, then they acquire the necessary skills and knowledge to lead and sustain their own development. The Community Empowerment Program uses cultural methods of learning to cover not only the fundamentals of human rights and collective decision-making, but also:
- Health and hygiene,
- Problem solving,
- And confidence building,
And this model has been immensely successful.
In the quarter-century since Tostan’s founding, they have witnessed improvement in issue areas including:
- Women and girl’s empowerment,
- Peace and security,
- And more!
Women participating in a classroom session of Tostan’s program. Source: Tostan
Giving Assistant raises nearly $18,000 for Tostan
Earlier this month, Giving Assistant mailed a check to Tostan for $17,754.58! These funds were raised entirely by Giving Assistant members who have chosen to support the organization through their everyday shopping.
“Supporters of Tostan are part of our global family. Like our communities in West Africa, they form a collective that is joyfully in pursuit of a common goal: dignity for all. We are so thankful that Giving Assistant has joined this family.” – Molly Melching, CEO of Tostan
This generosity will stretch not only across the globe, but for generations to come as rural West African communities continue on their positive path.
Women celebrating. Source: Tostan
Help support this rising movement
Due to its proven success, the Tostan program is in high demand. You can help them meet this demand by using Giving Assistant to easily donate a portion or all of your cash back to the organization.
It’s simple! Just make sure to select Tostan in your account settings and decide how much of your cash back you’d like to donate.
Not a member yet? Sign up here to begin supporting Tostan as you shop (and save!) online.
You’ll never look at a #2 pencil the same way again…
When a small boy’s answer to “What do you want most in the world?” was a mere pencil, the future founder of PoP was utterly touched. For Pencils of Promise, something as simple as a yellow #2 has now come to represent the need to unlock the potential in children that lack a suitable learning environment.
Across the world, 250 million children of elementary school age lack basic reading, writing and math skills. Unsafe, unsanitary and ill-equipped classrooms serve as hurdles for both teachers and students – which is what Pencils of Promise (PoP) wishes to overcome – by building schools and bringing solid educational programming to areas in need.
Pencils of Promise: “We believe every child should have access to quality education.”
Since 2009, PoP’s efforts have led to increased literacy rates, improved training and support for teachers, and better access to quality education for children residing in some of the most underserved communities in the countries where the organization is active.
Today, PoP has a strong presence in Ghana, Guatemala and Laos. So far, nearly 36,000 students have been served by 380 PoP schools, impacting 300,000+ lives in their local communities.
These kids are on their way to their brand new PoP School. Source: Nick Onken
With 85% of communities that PoP visits lacking basic school infrastructure, the organization strives to break ground on a new school every 5 days. In Guatemala, 98% of teachers report increased focus in students learning in a new PoP building. To make sure students are able to benefit from their programs, PoP also implements the internationally recognized WASH program, which promotes healthy water, sanitation, and hygiene practices.
Amongst many achievements in 2016, PoP delivered tablets to three schools in Guatemala, marking their “first-ever expansion of digital reading content in Spanish,” as well as expanded WASH programming to 20 more schools in Laos.
Giving Assistant shoppers have contributed over $15,000 to PoP.
To date, Pencils of Promise has received $15,127.72 from Giving Assistant shoppers, who use their everyday online purchases to fuel the education of children around the world.
“We love finding new and easy ways for people to support Pencils of Promise,” says Natalie Ebel, PoP’s Director of Marketing. “Giving Assistant is simple and fun, and they’re already almost halfway to funding a full school build with PoP!”
It takes $35,000 to build a school, and since 100% of online donations that PoP receives goes towards their programs, Giving Assistant shoppers are on track to break ground on a new one soon.
Thanks to PoP, these girls have the chance to enjoy learning in a safe, new school. Source: Nick Onken
Help build a new PoP school.
With your contributions through Giving Assistant, not only will you make an impact in the lives of children, but also entire communities.
If you’d like to use Giving Assistant to easily donate a portion or all of your cash back to Pencils of Promise, visit their fundraising page here.
To make sure PoP receives your thoughtful donation, please select Pencils of Promise in your account settings.
Not a member yet? Sign up here to begin supporting Pencils of Promise as you shop online.
The most wonderful time of the year is here! But let’s face it, the holidays aren’t all cookies and snow angels. They can be stressful, to say the least:
- Chaotic Black Friday sales
- Sneaky Cyber Monday shopping at the office
- Not to mention the overwhelming dread when your credit card statement arrives…
If you find yourself feeling far from warm and fuzzy when this season comes around, you’re not alone. And you’re in luck:
Giving Assistant is on a mission to make holiday shopping feel good again.
With Giving Week.
Giving Week, in short, is more saving, more giving. During our seasonal shopping event, you’ll earn the highest cash back rates of the year, and Giving Assistant will DOUBLE every donation made to your favorite charitable organization.
That’s right! Every cash back donation you make, we’ll match it.
Giving Week rill run from November 23rd (the day before Thanksgiving) through November 29th (Giving Tuesday). Shop on these days to save big on gifts for everyone on your list with the…
…Highest cash back rates of the year from some of our most popular retailers!
- Grab Dad a new drill from Home Depot (4% cash back)
- Search Etsy for a one of a kind gift for your one and only (5% cash back)
- Complete the newlyweds’ china set from their Macy’s registry (8% cash back)
- Find unique baby gifts for less at AliExpress (8% cash back)
- Upgrade Mom’s old winter coat with big discounts at Backcountry (12% cash back)
- Pick out a festive pajama set from Forever 21 (6% cash back)
- Help your friend find a New Year’s Eve kiss with a statement dress from Nasty Gal (15% cash back)
- Find great toys and great deals at Kohl’s (5% cash back)
- Shop the wide selection of travel gear at Vera Bradley for your jet-setting pal (8% cash back)
- Buy a backpack using an eBags coupon and save on the college student in your family (12% cash back)
- Save big on the BIG question with a ring from Blue Nile (6% cash back)
- Find elegant and eclectic home gifts from Anthropologie (3% cash back)
- Gift something for yourself from Gilt, minus the guilt (8% cash back)
- And check back later as we add additional stores!
But if saving money and finishing your holiday shopping early isn’t enough to turn your ‘bah humbug’ into a ‘ho-ho-ho,’ it gets even better:
Giving Assistant will double your donations to the charity of your choice!
As a reminder, you can change your non-profit and your cash back donation percentage at any time via your account settings.
Last year, Giving Assistant members donated $173,000 to registered non-profits, and this year we are on track to more than double that amount! Your donations, large and small, have already had a BIG impact across the globe:
Because of our members, Giving Assistant is well on our way to accomplishing our overall mission to transform the everyday shopping of 10 million people into charitable actions by 2020, by being the best loyalty program for saving money & supporting charity, with ease.
Giving Assistant envisions a world where:
- The average global citizen can more regularly experience the joy and fulfillment that comes from contributing to their community
- Non-profit organizations can feel confident knowing they have one more consistent, reliable, long-term stream of financial support.
Giving Week is just one way we are working toward these goals and saving our users money in the process, with the highest cash back rates of the year.
If you’re looking for more ways to give back this season, check out GivingTuesday.org. There you’ll find a directory of organizations, charities, events, and more in your local community. Last year over 700,000 people in 70 different countries participated in this global day of giving! Giving Tuesday was a big part of our inspiration for Giving Week.
Don’t be a Scrooge!
Mark your calendar! Giving Week, November 23rd through November 29th, is the best time to shop all year, with exclusive, limited-time-only cash back rates. With double the saving and double the giving, this could be your best holiday season yet!
It’s early October, 2016.
Haiti has just been devastated by Hurricane Matthew. Over the next several days, the death toll rises to 900, and by the end of the month, over 1.2 million Haitians will be in desperate need of food assistance.
Less than 24 hours after the last storm clouds had parted—while other relief organizations around the world were still making the necessary preparations to provide much-needed disaster relief—the Greyshirts were already on the ground clearing away debris, caring for displaced citizens, and leading volunteer forces.
The Greyshirts (called such because of the ubiquitous grey t-shirts they wear) are the men and women of Team Rubicon, a nonprofit organization made up of military veterans committed to disaster response. According to their website:
“Team Rubicon unites the skills and experiences of military veterans with first responders to rapidly deploy emergency response teams.”
Team Rubicon members hard at work. Source: Team Rubicon Global.
Team Rubicon Global: “Disasters are our business. Veterans are our passion.”
Team Rubicon formed in the wake of the devastating 7.3 magnitude earthquake that rocked Haiti in 2010. In response to the earthquake, a group of military veterans made the quick decision to unite and travel to Port-au-Prince and offer their assistance.
“In Haiti, it became clear that military veterans are uniquely prepared to provide immediate emergency response aid, oftentimes in the early hours of a disaster before larger relief organizations can get on the ground.” (Source.)
Over the last 6 years, Team Rubicon has more than proven its immense value on a global scale. The organization has contributed to over 140 missions, and deployed more than 5,000 veterans to over 20 countries, providing disaster relief in 24 hours or less. The organization also boasts a massive team of over 40,000 committed volunteers.
But Team Rubicon is more than just rapid-response disaster relief.
Team Rubicon member on their way to work for the day in Haiti. Source: Team Rubicon Global
By mobilizing veterans on behalf of jolted communities, Team Rubicon seeks to “bridge the gap between returning veterans and their home communities,” as well as support veterans by providing them with an increased sense of purpose and identity at home.
Giving Assistant raises over $18,000 for Team Rubicon Global
To date, Giving Assistant’s generous community of shoppers and donors has raised $18,437.45 in donations for Team Rubicon!
“We are grateful for the support of Giving Assistant. This is a fantastic opportunity. These donations will enable us to continue our global effort to harness the skills of military veterans to help people on their worst day. Going forward, we’re excited to have not only the support of Giving Assistant, but also of their shoppers who believe in our mission.”- William McNulty, Team Rubicon Global CEO
Even better—the nearly $18,500 raised in donations from Giving Assistant supporters is expected to grow right alongside Team Rubicon. “It’s really great to know we have this additional, reliable resource to lean on as we continue to expand our mission,” added McNulty.
Team Rubicon members wading through a stream in Haiti. Source: Team Rubicon Global
Support veterans. Support Team Rubicon Global.
To find out more about how you can easily use Giving Assistant to support Team Rubicon, visit their fundraising page here.
Giving Assistant members interested in donating their cash back to supporting Team Rubicon and their veterans simply need to select Team Rubicon as their organization of choice in their account settings.
Not a member? Sign up here to begin supporting Team Rubicon while you shop.