Spring is just around the corner, and with it comes the incentive to refresh and spruce up home décor. A complete overhaul isn’t necessary to make a real difference. Sometimes, the smallest tweaks can have the most transformative effect.
For instance, no matter where they hang, mirrors are undeniably versatile. Aside from making sure you’re picture perfect, they also reflect light, make rooms appear larger, and elevate the charm, personality, and style of indoor spaces—and for a fraction of the cost of a remodel.
Throughout the month of March, take 15% off Décor Mirrors at The Home Depot, and you’ll be well on your way to making a fresh start for the season.
Need a little inspiration? Check out the following spring décor trends and ideas:
1. Brighten Your Mood with Burst Style Frames
Celebrate the springtime by pulling back the curtains, opening the windows, and letting sunlight in. You can also brighten rooms with a modern-themed mirror design that literally gives off solar energy. A set of three Litton Lane Gold Decorative Wall Mirrors features burst-style frames, eye-catching tin banding, and a metallic gold finish that adds warmth and radiance to a room.
2. Liven Up Spaces with an LED Frameless Mirror
Improve an entryway first impression. Provide night lighting for dark hallways. Enhance bathroom ambiance with backlit blue lights. The classically-designed OVE Decors Jovian Frameless Single Mirror is an example of truly illuminating home décor. Modern tech allows the mirror to act as a delicate light source. With the tap of a touch-power sensor, energy-saving LED strips boasting 50,000 hours of life expectancy come alive around the entire mirror.
3. Renew Your View with Window Pane-Inspired Panels
Grids and panels are key features of the ultra-modern Litton Lane Galleria Collection, which includes the room-transforming Arched Window Pane-Inspired Metallic Black Wall Mirror. Fifteen square mirror panels fixed inside of a metallic black, iron-finished frame immediately attract the eye.
Other Litton Lane mirrors featuring a similar grid-style:
– Rectangular Matte Gray Decorative Wall Mirror – Add depth to a small room with sixteen reflective mirror panels enclosed within an elegant iron metal frame.
– Round Silver Decorative Wall Mirror – The grid-inspired panels elevate the overall look of this minimalist-designed, silver-framed round mirror.
4. Get Textured with Geometric Designs
Mixing up various wood tones add a certain level of warmth to a room that stays in line with the latest home décor trends. The Litton Lane Distressed Wall Mirror with Geometric Designs offers a rustic, decorative fir wood framework made with symmetrical patterns of geometric shapes. Versatile with nearly any color scheme, the frame finish also features various shades of distressed gray, white, black, and brown.
5. Fireplace Facelift: Mirror Over Mantel
During the transition from winter to spring, fireplaces tend to go into hibernation. Here’s where you have the perfect opportunity to refresh the focal point of a living room, den or bedroom. Give your tired mantel décor a rest, and use a mirror instead. Swap paintings/prints for the more neutral look of a mirror with a decorative frame.
The attractive Simpli Home Maya Decor Mirror is an all-around winner; the sculpted, antique-style bronze frame is eco-friendly.
6. Refresh a Room with a Decorative Theme
Themed home décor adds boatloads of character to any personal space and finding “just the right” mirror can really cap off a room makeover. For instance, the rugged and rustic blend of natural brown wood and tarnished brass really pulls together the look of a seafaring captain’s wheel. The Litton Lane Dia Ship’s Wheel Framed Mirror is a no-brainer for nautical-inspired, interior design.
Need a little something to go with your new mirror? If you haven’t already, download our Giving Assistant Button. It’ll help simplify your shopping and save you money on home improvement projects by connecting you to the latest Home Depot deals.
Build-a-Bear is offering some great discounted clearance sale deals.
In the sale you can choose by:
- Sports Team
Current Build-A-Bear Sale Items
Add Olaf the fun-loving snowman from Disney’s Frozen film to your collection.
Add Buttercup from the Cartoon Networks Powerpuff Girls series to your collection.
Add Jewel Sparkles to you collection of princess dolls.
Add the red Brachiosaurus to your collection of stuffed dinosaurs. He is one of the tallest and largest dinosaurs ever known and would make a great gift for a child who loves dinosaurs.
Take your bear to the horse riding event with this purple riding jacket with a black collar that is also paired with tan riding pants and a purple hat.
The best part about the sale at Build-a-Bear is that when you are signed up with Giving Assistant, you can earn additional cash back on your Build-a-Bear purchases!
Grab yourself a massive savings today on your favorite Build-a-Bear product and feel good when you give back to a non-profit of your choice.
If you don’t know how easy it is to shop at Build-a-Bear online and be able to donate a non-profit – click here to learn how Giving Assistant works.
Sure, college might be the best years of your life – but they’re also in the running for most expensive. What with skyrocketing tuition rates and the fact that you don’t get paid to study, chances are you’re a little strapped for cash. Lucky for you, we’ve compiled a list of student-approved stores where you can earn cash back through Giving Assistant – leaving more money to pay for your degree and all of your crazy adventures.
Take care of all your textbook needs at Barnes & Noble. Whether you’re buying a thousand-page medical textbook, a copy of Ulysses, or a French-English dictionary, you’ll find what you’re looking for at this popular bookstore which caters to the same crowd of lit-lovers as Books-A-Million and Alibris. A few extra tips:
- If you’ll only need a textbook for a limited amount of time – say, a quarter or a semester – consider renting rather than buying. You’ll save a ton.
- For $25 a year, you can become a Barnes & Noble member and receive additional deals and free shipping on all orders.
- Browse the Bargains section of the Barnes & Noble website to find the best prices.
Best Buy: 1.25% Cash Back
Best Buy, similar to Office Depot and Staples, takes care of all of your tech needs. Laptop? Check. Printer? Check. Flat-screen TV? Check. Okay, flat-screen TVs might not be a need – but you can still save big time on one at Best Buy when you purchase through Giving Assistant, and by using these tips:
- Like Amazon, Best Buy offers special College Student Deals which you can gain access to by signing up for a free account with your .edu email address.
- Best Buy will match the prices offered by local competitors and top online retailers – check out the full list of approved stores, as well as more details on the program, here.
- Browse Best Buy’s Open Box deals to find discounted items that have been opened or lightly used.
You’re going to need a lot of caffeine to pull off the all-nighters and lengthy study sessions usually involved with being a student. Our suggestion? Skip the daily $3 latte and invest in the equipment you’ll need to brew your own delicious drinks at home – it’ll work out much cheaper in the long run. Find all the blends, K-Cups, coffee makers you could possibly need at the online Starbucks Store, and save more using Giving Assistant and these tips:
- Browse the Sale section to find the best prices.
- Subscribe to save on your online purchases and earn stars that you can use towards in-store purchases.
Thinking about grad school? You’re going to need to prepare – likely with the help of a test prep company like Princeton Review. Study for the GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT, and any other abbreviated examination you might need to take to progress to the next stage of your education. A few words of wisdom:
- Try a free session of online tutoring with a professional here.
- Take advantages of free in-person practice test sessions offered by Princeton Review.
Staying fit ain’t cheap. $40-a-month gym memberships, $100 running shoes, $30 sports bras, and $20 bottles of whey protein – and that’s only the tip of the iceberg – can add up fast. Luckily for you, we’ve curated a list of stores where you can earn generous cash back on fitness-related purchases. By buying through Giving Assistant at these selected retailers, you can save money and get back to focusing on what’s really important: achieving the best possible workout.
Stock up on muscle milk and calcium tablets at A1 Supplements, a leading wholesale retailer of vitamins and supplements for fitness-focused folks. Find coupons and earn 10% cash back on already-discounted products when you shop through Giving Assistant, and take advantage of these extra tips as well:
- A1 Supplements offers bulk discounts on large orders.
- Sign up for the A1 Supplements mailing list to receive extra offers and deals.
Even if you’ve never been to a location yourself, you’ve definitely heard of 24 Hour Fitness – after all, it’s the most popular fitness center chain in the world. Take your pick from a range of workout options: hop on a treadmill, take a kickboxing class, or even work with a personal trainer. Membership fees vary based on the level of access, but, with coupons and cash back from Giving Assistant, you can save regardless of which plan you opt for. A few extra tips:
- Sign up for an annual plan to save on monthly fees.
- Work out with your loved ones and save while doing it by signing up for a Family Membership.
- If you normally work out at the same location, opt for a One-Club Membership rather than a more expensive All-Club Membership.
Similar to Nike and Adidas, New Balance manufactures footwear that is perfect for working out. Soccer cleats, tennis shoes, and even casual sneakers – you can find them all at New Balance, complete with stellar arch support and unmatched comfort. Save money on your purchases by using Giving Assistant coupons and following these tips:
- Shop the “Recently Reduced” section of the New Balance website to find the best prices.
- Shop during the New Balance Semi-Annual Sales – one in June, one in December – to score the best deals.
You’ll find all the sports equipment you could possibly need – ranging from hiking boots to baseball bats to scuba masks – at Paragon Sports, an athletic and outdoors outfitter that caters to the same demographic as Sports Authority and REI. Although their only location is Manhattan, you can purchase their products anywhere, anytime, online, all while saving money with Giving Assistant and these tips:
- Paragon Sports offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee – if you’re not happy with your purchase, just return it within 30 days for a full refund.
- Sign up for the Paragon email list for exclusive access to the best deals.
- If you do live in the New York area, you can schedule a free store appointment with a Paragon Guide who will help you choose the best possible products for your next adventure!